Interested in singing with LeagueAires?
Are you interested in joining a Minneapolis choir with a mission? We welcome new women to join us as we bring the joy and healing power of music to members of our community. We welcome women of all ages; you do not have to be affiliated with the Junior League of Minneapolis to join.
• Attend one LeagueAires performance.
• Review the time and membership requirements.
• Set up an appointment by emailing us. You will schedule a time to learn more about the LeagueAires’ history, mission, and membership requirements.
The placement assessment process for LeagueAires is a friendly, casual experience that takes approximately one hour. The director, choreographer, and/or current chair of LeagueAires may be present for each audition.
The Music Director works with each candidate to assess her range, tone quality, breath control, and posture, as well as her general understanding of vocal technique.
Candidates will be asked to:
• Sing a series of vocal exercises.
• Sing a musical line while a harmony line is played/sung.
• Follow a line of music from our upcoming season. (The ability to read music is not a requirement, but is valued.)
• Sing a familiar song of your choice.
• Share past musical experiences you’ve had in a choral, instrumental, or theatrical context.
The Choreographer works with each candidate to:
• Demonstrate the ability to step up 8-18″ onto a riser.
• Move rhythmically to selected music.
• Demonstrate the ability to repeat a simple movement combination.
• Demonstrate the ability to sing and move naturally at the same time.
• Demonstrate the ability to sing and perform a selection from our upcoming season.
Candidates are notified of results within three days after their audition.